Sunday, May 23, 2010

You really really should make this bread.

I love bread.

I also love cookies and orange juice and listening to Disney songs.

But today, we're talking about bread.

Bread on its own is pretty wonderful. But when you're able to amp up the "good for you" factor with veggies and fruit and whole wheat in the bread, it's even better. And it's even BETTER when the "good for you bread" tastes even more...well...good than its counterparts.

Here, my friends, we have one of those breads, recipe courtesy of Jamie at My Baking Addiction.

Grated zucchini

I love frozen fruit

If I can interject here for a moment while the bread is baking. I love frozen fruit. Frozen peas and corn too. They're so delightful for a quick snack while preparing a side dish. Frozen blueberries are my favorite in particular, however. Back when I was in middle school and high school, after I would come home, my mom and I would sit on our porch, talk about our days, and enjoy a refreshing treat of frozen blueberries and whipped cream. Hence my sneaking of blueberries throughout the making of this bread. It made it even more reminiscent and enjoyable.

Oh look, it's done!
Freshly baked bread

Check out all of the blueberries inside.
Let's take a peek

Slicing it up

Oh, how I am enjoying this bread. My very few adaptations to the recipe were to switch out half of the oil for applesauce (why not continue the fruit/veggie theme), and I eliminated the cinnamon (allergies). The recipe was still flavorful and wonderful-tasting, and I didn't feel as though I was skipping a major ingredient by leaving out the spice (although I'm sure it is even better with it included), which was appreciated.

Thank you Jamie for sharing this great recipe!

1 comment:

Annah said...

I'm kind of sad I stumbled upon this because I'm dieting and you just made me uber hungry with that delicious piece of beauty :(. YUMMMMYYYYYYY