Monday, December 28, 2009

My mom's favorite thing to bake.

Hello, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!

Hope everyone is enjoying this special time of year, filled with twinkling lights, laughter, and that "ok sure, I'll have another" outlook to the appetizer/dinner/dessert tray. It's totally allowed. 

The main reason that these wonderful indulgences are much more justified at this time of year is this when everyone breaks out their special [fill in name of food here]. That recipe they only make one or very few times a year, that one you really really love. 

My mom's fudge falls into that category. 

Every year I watch for a varying amount of time while she makes it, always fleeing while the sugar dramatically boils (which she says is her absolute favorite part), always excitedly tasting the end result. I've never actually made it, but this year, I did take a few pictures of the process. 

And yes, I did stay in the room the whole time. 

Haven't I become so brave?

Pouring

Bubble bubble bubble

Looks good

Fudge

Happy eating!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Oh, how luscious! That creamy chocolate is just drool-worthy.